Celebrate-brand frozen profiteroles and eclairs have been linked to a national salmonella outbreak.
According to the Public Health Agency of Canada, there have been 76 reported illnesses in British Columbia (27), Alberta (13), Saskatchewan (10), Manitoba (10), Ontario (13), Quebec (2) and Newfoundland and Labador (1). Three deaths have been reported, though it isn’t clear if salmonella was a contributing cause of death.
Many of the individuals who became sick reported eating Celebrate brand classic/classical or egg nog flavoured profiteroles or mini chocolate eclairs purchased at from the frozen food section of various grocery stores.
The recall covers the following products:
- Mini Chocolate Eclairs (UPC 8 858762 720047)
- Classical Profiteroles/Classic Profiteroles (UPC 8 858762 720009)
- Egg Nog Profiteroles (UPC 8 858762 720016)
- Classic Foodservice Profiteroles (No UPC)
- Pineapple Foodservice Profiteroles (No UPC)
- Coconut Foodservice Profiteroles (No UPC)
- Passionfruit Foodservice Profiteroles (No UPC)
- Mango Foodservice Profiteroles (No UPC)
The Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA) continues to investigate and will update the public health notice as the investigation evolves.