United Grocers Inc. celebrated its 45th anniversary during its annual dinner and award show held Oct. 26 at the Toronto Congress Centre.
Serge Boulanger, senior vice-president of national procurement and corporate brands at Metro, got the evening rolling along with UGI president Denis Gendron.
From e-commerce to the need for transparency, Boulanger acknowledged changes happening in the industry and praised grocery retailers for keeping pace and meeting consumers’ needs. Longo’s continues its e-commerce expansion, Dollarama continues to grow and Metro’s recent acquisition of meal delivery subscription service MissFresh are “all examples of how dynamic UGI retailers are,” said Boulanger.
Six awards were handed out during the event.
- Best grocery supplier: Old Dutch Foods
- Best innovative supplier: Voortman Cookies
- Best fresh department supplier: Fresh Express
- Best service and equipment supplier: AEP Canada
- Best private label supplier: Private Brands Consortium
- Best new supplier award: Kruger Products
Check out photos from the UGI anniversary dinner in the gallery below.