Canadian Grocer’s sixth annual Star Women Awards recognize women who have demonstrated expertise, innovation, vision and leadership in the grocery business.
From retailers to distributors to foundation and CPG professionals, these are the women who are making a real impact and changing the food retail landscape. Nominated by the grocery industry and chosen by Canadian Grocer editors and former Star Women winners, this year’s Star Women are some of the best and brightest in the industry.
This year Canadian Grocer is recognizing 16 winners for their contribution, dedication, innovation and leadership:
- Marie Chevrier, founder and CEO, Sampler
- Alberta Clapp, director, research and development, Conagra Brands
- Mary Dalimonte, senior VP merchandising and commercial programs, Sobeys
- Sarah Davis, president, Loblaw Companies
- Naniss Gadel-Rab, channel and customer development director, Unilever
- Natasha Gunn, director, consumer global insights, General Mills Canada
- Renée Hopfner, director, community investment, Sobeys
- Cara Keating, VP, customer development, PepsiCo Foods Canada
- Elaine Lukowski, VP, home and entertainment merchandising, Loblaw Companies
- Rebecca McKeen, owner/executive director, McKeen Metro Glebe
- Barbara Ann O’Brien, executive VP, Bonte Foods
- Michelle Scott, executive director, The Grocery Foundation
- Shannon Skinner, director, business and store services, Metro Ontario
- Natalie Voizard, senior director, customer experience, Metro
- Cathy Weiss, store manager, Save-on-Foods Thickwood
- Melinda Zoccoli, associate director, LCL Companies, United Natural Foods Incorporated
Click here to read the full profiles of the 2017 winners.
And, join us in celebrating our 2017 winners at the Star Women Awards Breakfast in Toronto on Sept. 21. Visit CanadianGrocer.com for info and tickets.