Shoppers appreciate the kindness of strangers
Positive engagement between shoppers and staff is key to customer loyalty
Keeping shoppers engaged is the key to success, according to a new report.
The Retail Feedback Group released their annual “2014 U.S. Supermarket Experience Study” this week. According to the study, 65% of shoppers say cashiers can have a positive impact on their trip. Shoppers also appreciate friendly customer service. If a staff member engages with a shopper in the aisle, offering product recommendations or helping them find items on shelves, they’re earn customer loyalty.
A few other interesting findings:
- 41% of shoppers are looking for locally-sourced items
- 78% of shoppers buy food items at farmers’ markets at least occasionally
- More than 75% of shoppers use money-saving measures during supermarkets visits
- Only 50% of shoppers reported having had an issue resolved during their shopping trip
- Shoppers connected with their stores through social media are more likely to recommend the store
Read the full story here